As the first affordable and fully professional large-sensor video camera, Sony NEX-FS100 comes equipped with a stabilized 11x zoom lens while using the same S35-size CMOS sensor as the higher-end PMW-F3. Able to shoot full 1080p video in a range of frame rates up to 60p, the FS100 provides the option of recording 28Mbps AVCHD footage onto SD or Memory Stick media, or it can output uncompressed 4:2:2 video (with embedded timecode) and RGB via HDMI 1.4 to an external recording unit. Using the FS100, you can record full HD .mts clips at 1080/60p or 50p mode.
If you have bought a Sony FS100 camcorder, you may have encountered the problem that you you can’t successfully ingest those recorded AVCHD footages on 1080/60p format to Final Cut Pro X is limited by the FCP X itself. Currently 1080/60p footage is a very non-standard format and it’s unsupported in FCP X. In order to import Sony FS100 1080/60p AVCHD MTS to FCP X for smoothly editing, you can use use 3rd-party software to re-wrap and convert 60p/50p AVCHD MTS footage to Apple ProRes encoded MOV format first, which is a native format for Final Cut Pro 6/7/X. It’s a great way to achieve your goal smoothly. For this purpose, this post will show you how to convert Sony NEX-FS100 AVCHD MTS footage to Apple ProRes MOV on Mac.
How to convert Sony NEX-FS100 1080/60p AVCHD MTS to Apple ProRes?
1. Download and install UFUSoft AVCHD Converter for Mac on your computer, and then run it you will see the main interface. Both Mac version and Windows version are available to use, it is able to help you convert Sony NEX-FS100 AVCHD MTS on Mac or Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Window 7, Windows XP, etc.
2. Please click “Add Video” button to load the Sony NEX-FS100 1080/60p AVCHD MTS footages that need to convert, batch importing and converting is supported by this Sony NEX-FS100 FCP X Converter, so you can add batch files at one time.
3. Please choose Apple ProRes MOV for output. Just click “Profile” option and select “Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” for output. The Apple ProRes MOV is native format for FCP X.
4. Customization is available to use in this Sony NEX-FS100 to FCP X Converter, by clicking “Settings” button you will be able to adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate or others as you want. You can also leave them as default and skip this step.
5. Click “Convert” button to start the Sony NEX-FS100 1080/60p AVCHD MTS to Apple ProRes conversion on Mac.
UFUSoft AVCHD Converter will convert Sony NEX-FS100 1080/60p AVCHD to Apple ProRes with fast speed, video and audio synchronization is guaranteed, when the software converted the videos to native format for FCP X, you can click “Open Folder” button to get the files and then import them to Final Cut Pro X for editing natively, you will not have problems anymore. Just try UFUSoft AVCHD Converter for Mac, hope it can help you to solve video compatibility issue easily.